We’re making a list today. And sticking to it. Doing what we say we’re going to do.
1. First, and most excitingly, BoltedMKE fabric is now available at Project M Boutique in the Riverwest neighborhood in Milwaukee. Thrilling! We’ve got single yard cuts of fabric for $8.50 and scrap packs for $5. Should have larger pieces at individual prices including Vera Neumann home dec weight fabric, vintage upholstery fabric and polished cottons, sheers and knits for dressmaking.
2. Have a goal of making enough dresses and quilts to totally kill it at at least one Renegade event this summer.
3. We’ve been kicking around the idea of setting up a vintage clothing & fabric boutique in these parts. I really hate the idea of working for someone else for the rest of my life. More updates as they become less of a pipedream and more of a real live thing.
4. BoltedMKE & Vic Mizzy Vintage are now operating out of Bay View, WI, as of November 1! It’s been a long time coming, and our (lack of) posting here helps to tell the tale.
5. Good deed of the day: my sister just set up shop at TheSirensCall on Etsy making jewelry. Tell her how much you love her shop banner.
7. I stumbled on a fabric warehouse a few weekends ago, full of wools and silks and glorious knits from (mostly) Italy, Germany and France. I almost died, and somehow walked out of there with only 4 yards of fabric. I’ve heard something about a 50% off sale, so we’ll see how much my credit card can handle tomorrow. Hoping to post an interview with the shop owner soon.